October is here – the crisp scent of fall leaves is filling the air, jack-o-lanterns begin to glow on front porches, and the excitement of the upcoming Halloween holiday is taking hold.This is a season of magic and wonder – especially for littles ones, and the perfect time to build some amazing memories with the entire family!
Here is a list of fall and Halloween activities tailored specifically to young children. Whether your little goblins are excited about pumpkin patches, trick-or-treating, or costume parades – we’ve got you covered. Time to make some memories that will last a lifetime!
- Wild Fall and Trick-or-Treat Trail (Denver Zoo) $$
- Date: September 29 – October 31, 2023
- Description: Enjoy a family-friendly Halloween experience with trick-or-treating, animal encounters, and Halloween-themed activities at the Denver Zoo.
- Pumpkins on Parade (Gardens on Spring Creek, Fort Collins) $
- Date: Thursday, October 19 – Sunday, October 22
- Description: The premier family-friendly Halloween event in Fort Collins and northern Colorado! The fourth annual Pumpkins on Parade is fun-for-all-ages, featuring hundreds of pumpkins and gourds arranged across The Gardens in artistic displays, with festive activities for the whole family.
- The Bartels Pumpkin Patch (Northern Fort Collins) $
- Date: Through October 31, 10am – 6 pm, Daily
- Description: Come pick a pumpkin, take a hay-ride, and shop for farm fresh veggies and honey. There’s even a corn maze to try during daytime hours!
- Halloween Kids Party (Greeley) $$
- Date: Friday, October 27, 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm @ The Playground
- Description: It will be a fun night full of Wizards and Witches at The Playground’s annual Halloween Kids Party. There will be dances, and a costume contest with prizes. Party admission also includes – all day admission to The Playground, popcorn in a pumpkin bucket, face painting, balloon animals, and a chance to win prizes in a raffle. MUST PURCHASE TICKETS IN ADVANCE
- Scarecrow Scavenger Hunt (Loveland) FREE
- Date: October 13 – 31, 2023
- Description: Head to Loveland and hunt for scarecrows all around the town! This scavenger hunt is free and open to everyone. Players who complete the hunt will win a prize and be eligible for other prizes based on their points. Everyone who plays will also be entered into a grand prize drawing. Must download an app to play.
- Dia De Muertos (Gardens on Spring Creek, Fort Collins) Included with Admission
- Date: October 28 – November 4, 2023
- Description: Honor the tradition of Dia de Muertos in the Botanical Garden! Admire the ofrendas, adorned with marigolds, candles, and keepsakes. These ofrendas are tributes representing the enduring love we hold for those who have journeyed beyond.
- Treatsylvania (The Farm at Lee Martinez Park, Fort Collins) $
- Date: October 27, 5-7 pm, October 28, 5-7 pm, October 29, 1-3 pm & 5-7 pm
- Description: Take a stroll through the barn and down Trick-or-Treat Street while knocking on doors to collect candy during this non-spooky Halloween event. Enjoy a hayride with your family as you enjoy the fall season.
- Halloween Movie Nights (Various Locations) $
- Date: Through October
- Description: Check local community centers and parks for outdoor movie nights featuring family-friendly Halloween classics.
Have fun embracing the spirit of Halloween and diving into the enchanting world of family-friendly fun awaiting you in Northern Colorado this October. Happy Halloween!