Play it Forward
The Family Center/La Familia’s annual year end campaign, “Play it Forward,” supports critical early childhood programming now and into the future. Our goal to raise $80,000 annually with this campaign.
Our Impact in 2020:
- Distributed over $68,000 in childcare scholarships for 23 children
- Distributed over $37,000 in rent assistance to 62 families
- Disbursed over $150,000 in energy outreach utility assistance to 335 households
- 293 households have accessed our Advocacy Closet
- 112 households are enrolled in our Family Development Services
- The Family Center/La Familia saw 877 households use our center’s services so far in 2020!
Important Items to Note:
- Your end of year gift will make a huge difference in both direct service programming as well as community policies and systems affecting children and families in Larimer County.
- As added incentive for our Play it Forward donors, monetary donations also qualify for the Colorado Child Care Contribution Tax Credit, which offers an additional deduction on your state income taxes. The CCTC applies to contributions of cash, to Colorado institutions that support child care for children under 12 and to certain approved charities. Under prior law, these contributions were deductible as charitable contributions for federal and state income tax purposes. In addition, a taxpayer could credit 50% of the contribution against the taxpayer’s Colorado state income tax liability. These deductions and credits substantially reduced the after -tax cost of such donations to taxpayers. Learn more here.