We are approaching the end of 2020, and that means it’s almost time to launch The Family Center’s annual Play it Forward year-end campaign.
If you’re familiar with The Family Center/La Familia, you know our goal in an average year is to raise at least $50,000 for families. This year has not been an average year. The needs of our community are greater than ever. Larimer County’s childcare assistance program has now been closed for three years due to lack of funding. And, if you received our Play it Forward 2020 letter, you know the pandemic has not slowed us down – in fact, it has only increased the needs of families in our community.
Here are some of TFC’s 2020 achievements so far, by the numbers:
- Over $68,000 in scholarships for 23 children
- Over $37,000 in rent assistance to 62 families
- Over $150,000 in energy outreach utility assistance to 335 households
- 293 households have accessed the Advocacy Closet
- 112 households are enrolled in Family Development Services
Our goal for this year’s Play it Forward event is to raise $80,000.
Here are some examples of how far your donation can go:
- $10 provides wipes for the entire infant classroom for 1 week
- $30 provides a much-needed, safe car seat or booster seat to a family, and safety program in English or Spanish
- $100 supports food for breakfasts for a week for ALL of the children in our center
- $250 provides seeds for our garden
- $500 provides breakfast and lunch for 60 children for 1 week
- $500 can provide hygiene products to approximately 150 families through our Advocacy Closet
- $600 provides hearing, vision, and dental screenings to all children in our care twice per year
- $1,000 provides care for an entire month to a preschooler in our childcare center
- $2,500 supports our community garden for a full year
- $5,000 provides our 7 classrooms with consumable supplies for one year (items like construction paper, markers, glue, parent engagement activities, etc.)
- $10,000 nearly covers the cost of childcare for 1 year for a child whose working parent(s) earn less than the federal poverty level income
Did you know that your donations to TFC/La Familia also qualify for Colorado’s Child Care Contribution Tax Credit? This means that 50% of your income comes right off your taxable income. If you donate $100 to our Play it Forward campaign, your net out-of-pocket cost is just $50 – for a $200 donation after donor matching.
You can donate to Play it Forward easily online HERE.
Thank you to our vibrant community for another year of support. We couldn’t operate The Family Center/La Familia without you.