We are thrilled to announce that our annual Family Center/La Familia Fiesta is back for 2022! We hope you will join us Saturday, August 6 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., for delicious Mexican food, margaritas, auctioned prizes, and more dancing! Local favorite Manabi Latin Band will perform live throughout the afternoon.
We will again feature the LARGEST silent auction in northern Colorado. This year, our event will be hosted by The Lyric in Fort Collins.
This event is a way for our families, donors, board, and supporters to celebrate the impact we make in our community and the good work we do for our future: our youth.
The Family Center/La Familia has had the honor to serve our community for over 25 years. We celebrate our impact with supporters and guests at our annual Fiesta Party!
Tickets include entrance to the party, two drink tickets, fiesta food, live music, and the opportunity to bid on fantastic auction items. Our VIP ticket includes even more! Purchase your tickets now before this popular event sells out.
We are still requesting sponsorships and donations for this year’s Fiesta!
We would like to extend a huge thank-you to our sponsors for making this year’s The Family Center/La Familia Fiesta possible!
- JBS Australian Imports
- Realities for Children
- The Colorado Health Foundation
- Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies
- Kaiser Permanente
- ANB Bank
- MBD Marketing & Events
- Blake & Kelly McBartlett
- In loving memory of Wayne R. Ringlien
- Joakim & Melanie Holzner
- Bohemian Foundation
- Otter Cares
- The Colorado Trust
- Allen Service
Guests mingle around the bar while a bartender prepares drinks at the 2021 Family Center/La Familia Fiesta Party in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Working alongside diverse families we provide high quality childcare and supportive services, with an emphasis on cultural attunement with the Latinx community. This work is done with an explicit vision of creating a community in which all families are safe, supported, and thriving.
THE FAMILY CENTER/LA FAMILIA STATS
● In 2020-2021, El Nidito enrolled 68 children, serving 56 families. In general, throughout the year, we were at about 78% of our preferred classroom capacity of 65 children.
● One of our largest barriers to increasing enrollment and/or expanding our current capacity is recruiting and retaining qualified staff.
● 72% of current families receive tuition support to help cover the cost of early care and education at the center.
● 16% of families, representing 20% of our currently enrolled children, are enrolled in the Child Care Assistance Program helping low income families access quality child care for their children.
● El Nidito maintains lower child to teacher ratios than the state standard.
- Infant and Toddler Classrooms (6 weeks through 2 years): 1:4
- Preschool Classrooms (3 years through 5 years): 1:8
● Currently, approximately 57% of children enrolled in El Nidito Hispanic/LatinX and approximately 12 of our currently enrolled children come from single-parent homes.
● TFCLF has a professional kitchen an average of 50 children three times per day (breakfast, lunch, and snack) or roughly 750 meals/snacks per week.
● TFCLF provided family strengthening services to 557 households in 2020 empowering parents and families
● In the fall of 2021 we obtained Colorado Shines Level 4 status!
Join us at the can’t-miss annual Family Center/La Familia Fiesta, and support our work with children and families throughout northern Colorado!
Follow The Family Center/La Familia on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram for information about our organization, related news, and fun, practical, and educational ideas for your family.