The end of the year brings time spent with those we love, and often additional opportunities to give back to the organizations we love. We want to return some of how we have felt that love and how it has helped The Family Center/La Familia grow in 2022 and will continue to help propel us into 2023. We believe our community’s well-being depends on the well-being of everyone who lives here. Our work focuses on addressing all of the issues that affect the least in our community – to ensure that they find success and means to thrive.
Our support services help break down barriers that can keep families in a state of struggle. We have continued programs for energy utility assistance and the Advocacy Closet which provides families with essential household items. These urgent services have helped our community members:
- Keep food on the table
- Maintain stable housing
- Access healthcare
- Find stability
- Worry less about essentials
- Think about the FUTURE.
This type of safety net can reduce parental stress and connect those in need with help, hope, and critical social services.
Through early childhood education, enrichment programs and other academic support, we help prepare the next generation to lead our families, businesses, and communities. One of the biggest highlights for our early childhood education center, El Nidito, is that Rita Rivas accepted the position of Early Care and Education Assistant Director. Rita has worked with El Nidito in a number of capacities over the years. With her experience and understanding of and connection to the Family Center/La Familia community, she is an asset to the El Nidito Leadership team.
In 2023, we are excited to announce a variety of expanded programming that will be provided to serve both children and their families. One such opportunity will be a Leadership Lab that should launch in a few months. Stay tuned!
Further, at El Nidito is excited to make several announcements, including:
- Expanded operating hours from 7:30am-5:30pm to support families and team members.
- Families will be able to escort children directly to their classrooms again. This was eliminated for safety during the pandemic.
- We hope this touch can further support the center/home connection. And don’t worry! Team members will still eagerly greet families each day.
- Hopefully an infant specific play patio will be installed on the south side of the building.
- Currently the infants and toddlers share a playground space.
- We are looking forward to our infant classrooms having a space of their own to get our youngest kiddos out for some fresh air and sunshine.
With your support, we help families not just SURVIVE but THRIVE. Thank you for supporting this critical mission for our community. Thank you for helping us GROW.