2017 has been a year full of excitement, growth and change for TFC/LF. We’ve been busy delivering on our promise of improving lives for families in our community. Our building is a constant buzz of activity from 6am until late into the evening—literally serving as a welcoming hub for our community members.
We remain the only early care and education center that also offers home and community-based family strengthening and support services in Larimer County. Thanks to your generosity, we have accomplished so much in the last year, including:
- 114 children received outstanding early childhood education while their parents attended school and worked.
- $120K in sliding scale scholarship assistance given to help offset the high costs of childcare.
- 600 families received in-home parent education, basic needs support and more
- $44,000 in emergency funding administered to helped pay utility bills for families in need.
- 35 families received licensed, clinical Spanish speaking mental health services, and additional 25 families received non-clinical mental health promotion and education services through our La Cocina program.
Because of you, we are helping children and families thrive. Our prosperous families include parents like Maria and Luis who simply “wouldn’t be able to work if it weren’t for La Familia” and its childcare scholarships offered by generous donors. And Teresa who has been receiving free weekly group and individual counseling for herself and her children at the Center.
As 2017 wraps up, we ask you to ensure this life-changing work continues by making a tax-deductible gift to The Family Center/La Familia. Together, we can help prepare infants and young children to succeed in school; support our community’s economic health by providing the essential service of childcare to working families; help meet basic needs like utility assistance, mental health services, and more; and foster diversity in our community through ESL and citizenship classes.
Increase the Value of Your Donation
Every donation made to TFC/LF through Colorado Gives Day is boosted by the $1 Million Incentive Fund, which increases the value of every dollar donated. You can schedule your Colorado Gives Day donation in advance or wait and donate on Tuesday, December 5th. Learn more and schedule your gift today. And, because TFC/LF is a qualified Colorado Childcare Tax Credit entity, donors are eligible for a 50% tax credit on their state taxes!
On behalf of the Board of Directors, our entire staff, and most importantly the children and families we stand alongside, thank you for your generosity and ongoing support.
President, Board of Directors