YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Thank you for considering The Family Center/La Familia as a possible recipient of your charitable gift. We recognize what an important decision it is in selecting an organization or charity with which to make your contributions. We promise to be good stewards of the money you donate, and the best interests of our clients are always taken into account when decisions are made.
We are a community-supported 501 (c) (3) organization. Our mission continues solely through the fees for service, fundraisers, and most importantly on the generosity of those who donate.
WAYS TO DONATE
All monetary donations received are used to help support our services and programs and are greatly appreciated. You can make a cash donation by one of the methods listed below.
Please call (970)221-1615 during regular business hours and we would gladly accept a donation paid with a Visa or MasterCard.
By Mail or in Person
Please make check or money orders out to The Family Center/ La Familia and mail to:
309 Hickory St. #5
Fort Collins, CO 80524
Our New Donor Tree!
Child Tax Credit
- Donors who make gifts to The Family Center/La Familia during 2012 will be able to claim the credit on their tax return when the tax credit is reinstated, so hold on to those receipts and don’t let this deter you from donating!
- The credit will be available starting again in 2013 in a limited fashion: in calendar years 2013 and 2014, the amount of the credit that can be claimed will be 50% and 75%, respectively. In 2015, the credit will return to its original form.
- The Colorado Child Care Contribution Credit was established to encourage greater private support of Colorado child care programs, like those provided by The Family Center/La Familia.
- Since monetary contributions to The Family Center/ La Familia qualify for this tax credit, you may be able to decrease the after-tax cost of your gifts by more than 50 percent when the credit is reinstated. The effect of the credit is that half of your donation to The Family Center/ La Familia is offset by a reduction of your Colorado income taxes. You will still be able to claim your full contribution as a charitable deduction on your Federal and State income tax returns if you itemize deductions.
- For further information, please go to www.colorado.gov, and search “Income Tax Booklet FYI’s”, follow the first link and click on: Child Care Contribution Credit (FYI Income 35).
Donate Your Vehicle
It is simple to donate your vehicle to The Family Center/ La Familia. As a proud to be a partner agency of Vehicles for Charity, our donors simply call 1-866-628-CARS, indicate you would like to donate your vehicle to The Family Center and schedule a time for your vehicle to be picked up. It is as simple as that.
Special Events Throughout the year
The Family Center/La Familia hosts special events to generate revenue to support operations. Please visit our News/Events page for more information.
Third Party Events
Third party events are perfect for those interested in a short-term volunteer project to benefit The Family Center/La Familia. These events are ideal for businesses, schools, or other local groups that are looking for a way to give back to their communities and gain recognition at the same time. If you are interested in volunteering on a consistent basis please see the Volunteer page.
Remember us in Your Will: Bequests & Estate Planning
Your generosity can continue in an extraordinary way by remembering The Family Center/ La Familia in your will. A charitable bequest in your will or revocable living trust can help ensure a valuable estate tax deduction. You can choose to give cash, personal or real estate property, or a portion of the estate’s value. Please consult your financial advisor with questions and for further information.
Our Federal Tax ID# 84-1318219